Admissions RN Job Description
American Care, a leading provider of end-of-life care, is currently seeking dedicated professional registered nurses to supplement our staff. We are looking for both FT and PT Admission RN’s. Available shifts are Mon-Fri, 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. and 2 p.m.-10:00 p.m. We also need a PT weekend Admissions RN for Sat and Sun 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. The Admissions RN is primarily responsible for responding to all patient referrals, providing an explanation of the Medicare Hospice Benefit, evaluating patients for hospice services and initiating the patient’s plan of care.
American Care Team will offer and provide a meaningful “patient-centered” experience that will guide and support your journey. It is our collective goal to provide culturally competent services for continuity of care. We will listen to you and offer multi-disciplinary education and holistic supportive services to ensure that your needs will be met in a timely, ethical, and efficient manner. Our compassionate team will always work towards pain management and symptom control in effort to aid in maximizing your quality of life. We are proud to be your hospice team!
General Responsibilities of the RN Admission Nurse include:
- Responds to inquiries and requests for hospice information in a timely manner.
- Follows through on referrals for evaluation and/or admission to hospice program.
- Verifies and completes admission and financial information on the referral intake form.
- Explains the hospice program to patients, family members, and other referral sources in an accurate, complete and thorough manner.
- Complete understanding of hospice eligibility and documentation.
- Physical assessment of patient.
- Identifies, develops, and maintains referral sources.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of a strategic marketing plan.
- Organizes and provides education to the community, referral sources and facilities.
- Complies with hospice policies and procedures, laws and regulations, standards of practice, and established work rules.
- Adheres to the highest standards of professional and personal conduct in the performance of his/her duties.
- Performs additional duties as requested by supervisor.
Ideal candidate background and experience:
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state of California
- Knowledge of hospice requirements including Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Excellent marketing skills. Ability to maintain good working relationships with referral sources. Ability to work well with others maintaining a positive attitude. Ability to utilize EMR for documentation.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
We offer our employees the following competitive benefits package:
- Medical insurance
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
Our supportive, caring environment extends not only to our patients and families, but to our valued staff as well. Employees from a number of disciplines work together in a collaborative, stimulating environment that is considered by many to be a model for quality healthcare. American Care Hospice is a rapidly growing company and is always looking for qualified employees. We seek highly motivated, talented candidates to join our staff and offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume for the review process.
Job Type: FT and PT
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)